This 6-night escorted tour takes you to Russia's two largest cities, both of which have served as the capital of Russia. First, spend three nights in St. Petersburg, known for its imperial palaces and museums. Your tour includes the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac's Cathedral, and more. Next, board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow and view the Russian landscapes along the River Volga. Stay three nights in this dynamic metropolis, where the vast city's backdrop is the Kremlin and its onion-domed cathedrals. Your tour includes Red Square, the Theatre Square, the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. Optional tours offer more sightseeing opportunities. $970 per person based on double occupancy. Twenty guaranteed departures in 2020.
Day 1, Tuesday – Arrive St. Petersburg
Arrive in St. Petersburg and transfer on your own to your hotel. (Sokos Vasilievsky or similar).
Day 2, Wednesday – St. Petersburg
After breakfast, your morning tour begins. Get acquainted with all the splendors of the city, including Peter-Paul Fortress, Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Church of the Bleeding Savior, Nevsky Convent and much more. Remainder of the day, explore the city on your own or book optional tours for the afternoon and evening. (B)
Day 3, Thursday – St. Petersburg
Discover more of this amazing city on your own today, or book for optional tours. St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title of Venice of the North. (B)
Day 4, Friday – St. Petersburg/Moscow
After breakfast at the hotel, spend your morning at leisure or book an optional tour. Around noon, transfer to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride travels through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. Late afternoon, arrive and Moscow and transfer to hotel. (Hotel Azimut Smolenskaya or similar). (B)
Day 5, Saturday – Moscow
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion-domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city one of the world’s most dynamic metropolises. Morning sightseeing tour features highlights of the vast city, including the Red Square with St. Basil’s Cathedral, Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre, and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University. Remainder of the day, explore the city on your own or book optional tours for the afternoon and evening. (B)
Day 6, Sunday - Moscow
After breakfast, explore the city at your leisure, or book an optional full-day excursion.
Day 7, Monday – Depart Moscow
Transfer on your own to the airport for your departure flight.
Scroll right for more info »»
|Departure Dates||Land & Air *||Land Only *||Single Supplement|
|2020||April 14, 28|
July 14, 21, 28
August 4, 11, 18, 25
September 8, 15, 22, 29
|May 19, 26|
June 2, 9, 23, 30
Land Only prices are per person based on double occupancy.
Suggested Airfare: From $1100 for Jun 1 - Aug 20, and from $750 for Apr - May; and Aug 21 - Sep 30. Air prices are per person from New York JFK airport to destination city on itinerary and return. Other gateway cities are available. Prices include government taxes and fees. For details, refer to Tour Features on page 2.
Scroll right for more info »»
Tour FeaturesTour includes
- 6 nights’ accommodations at centrally located 4 star hotels, with daily buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting at St. Petersburg hotel with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Entrances to Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg and to Moscow Kremlin
- English-speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of first-class motor coaches or first-class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg-Moscow (one way, 2nd class)
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
Optional Transfers & Tours – St. Petersburg
- Six 3-course dinners (three in each city) with coffee/tea - $235 per person
Optional Transfers & Tours – Moscow
- Day 1 - Arrival transfer from St. Petersburg airport to hotel Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky - $95 per person
- Day 2, Afternoon - 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace - $105 per person
- Day 2, Evening - Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace - $85 per person
- Day 3, Morning - 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace - $98 per person
- Day 3, Afternoon - 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum - $65 per person
- Day 3, Evening - Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti - $65 per person
- Day 4, Early morning - Guided channel cruise - $85 per person
- Day 5, Afternoon - 3-hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour - $35 per person
- Day 5, Evening - 3-hour Moscow-by-night tour and river cruise - $75 per person
- Day 6, Full-day - 8-hour excursion to Sergiev Posad - $105 per person
- Day 7 – Departure transfer from to hotel to Moscow airport - $105 per person
For more information of these hotels, please click the hotel name.